• IFAN and A Menu for Change



    Until now, independent food parcel distribution data hasn't been collated nationally or regionally. After 2 meetings with representatives of independent food banks and food parcel distributors in Glasgow and Edinburgh at the end of November, a new sector-wide system for Scotland is close to being up and running.

    So far, 75 of 92 independent food bank venues and independent food parcel distributors operating in Scotland are taking part in this groundbreaking project.


    We know that Trussell Trust foodbanks represent around 57% of the Scottish food bank picture and gave out 170, 625 parcels to adults and children from April 2017 to April 2018. However, the extent of the number of parcels given out through the independent sector, the remaining 43% of the food bank picture, is unknown.

    We will soon be able to release data on the number of parcels distributed and the number of adults and children helped by Scottish independent food banks and food parcel distributors.


    If you'd like to find out more or if you'd like to be involved and represent an independent food bank or food parcel distributor who hasn't been contacted yet,

    please email Sabine Goodwin at scotlandindependentstats@gmail.com.

    You can find out more about A Menu of Change in Scotland here.

    And read our latest blog on the project here.


    Here is a list, as well as a map, of the organisations involved with the project so far:

    Kintyre Food Bank, Argyll and Bute

    Bute Oasis Food Bank, Argyll and Bute

    Helensburgh and Lomond Food Bank (2 venues), Argyll and Bute

    Hope Kitchen, Argyll and Bute

    Cowal and Dunoon Foodbank, Argyll and Bute

    Largs Food Bank, North Ayrshire

    Start-Up Stirling (3 venues), Stirling

    Whiteinch Food Bank, Glasgow City

    Storehouse Food Bank, Glasgow City

    Govan Community Project, Glasgow City

    Lodging House Mission, Glasgow City

    Central and West Integration Network, Glasgow City

    Crookson Community Group, Glasgow City

    Drumchapel Foodbank, Glasgow City

    Destiny Angels Food Bank (2 venues), Glasgow City

    East Kilbride Community Food Bank (5 venues), South Lanarkshire

    Clydesdale Food Bank, South Lanarkshire

    Loaves and Fishes, South Lanarkshire

    Coatbridge Community Food Bank, North Lanarkshire

    Bethlehem House of Bread Food Bank (3 venues), North Lanarkshire

    Basics Food Banks (3 venues), North Lanarkshire

    Belshill Community Food Bank, North Lanarkshire

    Machars Churches Basics Food Bank, Dumfries and Galloway

    The First Base Agency, Dumfries and Galloway

    Start Up Stirling (2 venues), Stirling

    Bo’ness Storehouse, Falkirk

    Braes Store Food Bank, Falkirk

    Galashiels Area Food Bank, Scottish Borders

    Kelso Food Bank, Scottish Borders

    Berwickshire Churches Food Bank, Scottish Borders

    Selkirk Food Bank, Scottish Borders

    Jedburgh Churches Food Bank, Scottish Borders

    Edinburgh City Mission Basics Banks (8 venues), Edinburgh City & East Lothian

    Broomhouse Foodbank, Edinburgh City

    Trinity City Foodbank, Edinburgh City

    Kirkcaldy Food Bank (5 venues), Fife

    EATS Rosyth, Fife

    The Gate Charity, Clackmannanshire

    Broke not Broken, Perth and Kincross

    Somebody Cares, Aberdeen City

    CFINE, Aberdeen City

    Instant Neighbour, Aberdeen City

    Integrate Scotland (7 venues), Aberdeen City and Aberdeenshire

    West Dunbartonshire Community Foodshare (3 venues), West Dunbartonshire

All Posts