The Independent Food Aid Network connects, supports and advocates on behalf of independent food aid providers operating across the UK while the need for charitable food aid exists. IFAN’s vision is of a country without the need for emergency food aid and in which good food is accessible to all. Membership is free and organisations sharing our vision can join the network by completing the form at the bottom of this page.
Our membership includes over 500 independent food banks while IFAN has been responsible for the identification of at least 1034 independent food banks across the whole of the UK.
IFAN connects, supports and advocates on behalf of its member organisations in a range of different ways, including:
- Sharing advice, guidelines, best practice and funding opportunities
- Organising meetings, webinars and conferences for member organisations to share concerns, ideas and best practice
- Since the onset of Covid-19, distributing PPE and small grants
- Collating food parcel distribution data from the network and other independent food banks and using this to advocate on our members' behalf at a national and local level - You can read our most recent data reports here.
- Campaigning alongside other charities to see measures introduced that would reduce the poverty driving the need for charitable food aid
We are regularly asked to comment and contribute information by journalists, academics, civil servants, politicians and other third sector organisations. Member organisations are involved in taking part in national surveys, research projects, conferences and IFAN's data collation project. You can read more about IFAN's work in news coverage here.
If you have any questions at all about IFAN membership please don't hesitate to contact Sabine or Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org