Events and Resources
COVID-19 has impacted on our plans for future events.
We are planning our next AGM for Wednesday the 2nd of December 2020 as an online event.
More details soon.
Previous IFAN Events
Structural inequalities and the growing need for food aid webinar with the University of York
Online - September, 2020. A recording available here. A briefing paper will be published soon.
IFAN AGM including workshops on Community Food Retail, Exit Strategies from Charitable Food Aid and
the Right to Food - London, September 2019
Taking Action To Reduce Rural Food Poverty with Sustain's and the Bristol Poverty Institute - Bristol, June, 2019
Community Food Retail Workshop - Coventry, May 2019
Rethinking Food Aid - Chester, September 2018
The Value of Stories & AGM - Stockport, February 2018
An audience with Andy Fisher, author of Big Hunger - London, November 2017
Share, Learn & Connect - Southampton, February 2017
Resilience workshop - Manchester, February 2017
Structural inequalities and the growing need for food aid webinar with the University of York, September 2020
- Recording of the webinar is available here. A briefing paper will be published soon.
- Slides: Food, Class and Poverty (Dr. Dave Beck)
- Slides: Structural inequalities and solutions - A US Perspective (Suzanne Babb)
Independent Food Aid Network AGM, London September 2019
- Community Food Retail: Dr Lopa Saxena, co-author of The Emergence of Social Supermarkets in Britain and IFAN trustee Robin Burgess of Northampton's Hope Centre looked at the variety of models and good practice within a rapidly growing community food retail sector providing an alternative to food bank provision. Read more here
- Exit Strategies from Charitable Food Aid: This session was led by IFAN trustee, and author of Hunger Pains: Life inside Foodbank Britain, Dr Kayleigh Garthwaite, with Matthew Van Duyvenbode, Director of Strategy and Impact at the Trussell Trust. We heard about the various strategies that have been emerging to reduce reliance on charitable food aid and about the Trussell Trust's development of a long-term plan to end the need for food banks. Read more here.
Tackling Rural Poverty Workshop, Bristol, June 2019
- Read the briefing here.
Right to Food Webinar Series, Summer 2019
Charitable food provision as an emergency response: sharing evidence from Canada, the USA and the UK, London, November 2019
Rethinking Food Aid Conference, Chester, September 2018