IFAN is committed to protecting your privacy.
· We will never share your information with another organisation for their own marketing proposes.
· We will never sell your information.
· We will be clear, honest and transparent regarding information we collect, and ask specific consent when necessary.
When do we collect information about you?
· We only store data that you have given us directly via website form, email, emailed surveys, phone, letter, sign-up sheet or in person.
What type of information is collected from you?
· For our general mailing list: we ask for your name, your organisation's name and email address.
· For membership applications: we ask for your name, organisation name, email address, Twitter name, Facebook name, postal address and organisation type.
Once a member organisation, we will store your information for the duration of your membership. Where it is appropriate, we will collect or request other information such as information relating to your food aid service and food parcel distribution data.
We also collect anonymous information about your visits to our website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. This information will remain anonymous and not linked to you individually. Such information helps inform us about how best to organise our website and communications.
Why do we collect information about you?
We may not use your personal data for all of the below - this will depend on the level of interaction you have with IFAN:
1) Campaigning, Promotion and Fundraising:
- Our email communications are to keep you up-to-date with our latest work, relevant events and useful information and reports. We may also ask you to take part in surveys, fundraise/donate or provide feedback.
2) Delivery of core charitable services:
- Delivery of our core charitable activities may require the recording of our beneficiaries’ contact details, their eligibility for our charitable services, records of financial transactions and communications
3) Retail Trading:
- IFAN occasionally holds ticketed events and training workshops. If you attend an event, we may store your personal information to invite you to similar events in the future.
· Personal information is collected based on individual’s consent.
· Information is processed based on legitimate interest.
· We will only send promotional material by email to those who have given consent, usually to send you updates but occasionally to invite you to an event, ask for a donation, to complete a survey or provide feedback.
· Where you have given us consent to process your data, we will always keep a clear record of how and when this consent was obtained. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Most interactions with our supporters, members and beneficiaries are voluntary and not contractual. Contractual interactions include employment and volunteering opportunities.
· Applicable law allows personal information to be collected and used if it is reasonably necessary for our legitimate activities at IFAN. These activities are fair, balanced and do not unduly impact individual’s rights.
· We will always work to these principles and will ask for explicit consent when necessary.
Storage of data:
· Unless still required in connection with the purposes for which it was collected, such as a particular campaign, we will usually remove your personal detail ten years after the date it was collected.
· Data is reviewed regularly.
· If you ask us to stop sending you emails, we will store your information on an ‘unsubscribed’ list to ensure you are not contacted again.
· You can exercise your ‘right of erasure’ to have your personal information removed completely and immediately.
· All data will be stored securely using modern software that is kept-up-to-date, with appropriate back-up recovery.
· Only the necessary people within IFAN will have access to your data and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorised sharing of information.
What are your rights?
Right to be informed: you have the right to be told how your personal information will be used.
Right of access: you can ask what information we hold on you and to request a copy.
Right of erasure: you can request that all your personal information is deleted from our records.
Right of rectification: if you believe our records of your personal information are inaccurate, you have the right to ask for those records to be updated.
Right to restrict processing: you have the right to ask for processing of your personal data to be restricted if there is disagreement about its accuracy or legitimate usage.
Right to data portability: you may ask us to provide your information to you, or another service provider, in a machine-readable format.
To exercise these rights, please send a description of the information in question to email@example.com.
Local Independent Food Bank Information
Charity number: 1180382
Registered Address: 71-75, Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ